2016 Reuben Awards Art and Speakers!
February 23, 2016
L to R, top row: Bruce Higdon, Sergio Aragonés, Mo Willems (Reubens emcee), Jeff Smith, Terry Moore. Second row: David Apatoff, Jenny Robb, Luke McGarry, Matt Diffee, Lynn Johnston, Paul Coker Jr. Front: Jan Eliot, Maria Scrivan, Deborah Peyton.
Members of the National Cartoonists Society should have received the official brochure for the 2016 Reuben Award Weekend in their mailboxes in the last few days (cover art by Tom Richmond shown). With it goes the announcements of the speaker lineup and special award winners:
- Paul Coker Jr.– Recipient of the “Milton Caniff Lifetime Achievement Award”; Speaker
- Bruce Higdon– Recipient of the NCS “Silver T-Square” for outstanding dedication to the Society
- Luke McGarry– Cartoonist/humorous illustrator; speaker
- Jeff Smith & Terry Moore– Award-winning creators of “Bone” and “Strangers in Paradise”, etc.; speakers
- Maria Scrivan– Creator of the syndicated daily panel Half Full, gag cartoonist and children’s book author/illustrator ; speaker
- Jan Eliot– Creator of the syndicated daily strip “Stone Soup”; speaker
- Matthew Diffee– New Yorker cartoonist, author, stand-up comic; speaker
- Lynn Johnston & Deborah Peyton—Creator of “For Better or for Worse” and freelance cartoonist/illustrator; speakers
- David Apatoff & Jenny Robb —Former cartoonist turned IP lawyer and the curator of the Billy Ireland Cartoon Library; speakers
- Sergio Aragonés– MAD Magazine, “Groo”, etc. legend; speaker
The 70th Annual NCS Reuben Awards Weekend will take place in Memphis, TN May 26th-29th, 2016.